For over 10 years, Tina has been guest lecturing at universities across the country. Whether she’s discussing entrepreneurship, social media, or market research, she loves engaging with students. She also holds the position of Academic Director of Wharton’s Leadership in the Business World Program at the University of Pennsylvania.
Sponsored by Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Leadership in the Business World (LBW) is an intensive summer program for a select group of rising high school seniors who want an introduction to a top-notch undergraduate business education and the opportunity to hone their leadership, teamwork, and communication skills. Since 1999, LBW has brought students from six continents and nearly every state to the Wharton School.
LBW offers opportunities to learn about leadership in 21st century organizations through a dynamic and rigorous mix of classes with Wharton professors and business leaders, company site visits, and team-building activities.
Each summer, LBW students:
• Attend lectures and presentations from outstanding Wharton faculty and guest speakers.
• Engage in classroom discussions about core business subjects, entrepreneurship, and leadership.
• Receive coaching on communication and team-building skills from six upper-level Wharton undergraduates who serve as Resident Team Advisors (RTAs).
• Develop and enhance leadership skills through collaborative teamwork.
• Visit business enterprises and speak with successful leaders across the industries of finance, entrepreneurship, entertainment, real estate, retail, and more.
• Work in teams to design and present an original business plan, evaluated by a panel of venture capitalists and business professionals.
• Participate in weekend and evening cultural and social activities.
• Test their potential as future business leaders.