Snacks are an important part of your daily eating. Even having a small bag of carrots can make a difference in your health. Sometimes a busy day can make it difficult to get in those little snacks so, here are some easy – and delicious – ways to snack throughout the day!
FROZEN BLUEBERRY YOGURT BITES
Recipe and photo from Popculture
1 pint container blueberries
1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1 tbsp. stevia
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix yogurt and sweetener.
- Gently fold in half the blueberries to coat in the yogurt. Remove them each with a fork, tapping the excess yogurt off as you go.
- Place the blueberries on the baking sheet and freeze for about 1 hour.
PARMESAN GARLIC ZUCCHINI CHIPS
Recipe and photo from Frugal Living Mom
1 lb. (about 4 cups) thin sliced zucchini
⅛ tsp. salt
1 oz. of finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 garlic clove finely grated or 1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- In a bowl, mix the zucchini, salt, Parmesan cheese, garlic and vinegar.
- Arrange slices on dehydrator trays and dehydrate at 135°F for 5-10 hours or until crispy.
CINNAMON APPLE CHIPS
Recipe and photo from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
4 Apples, cored and sliced 1/8” thick
1-2 tsp. cinnamon
1-2 tsp. granulated sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the apples, cinnamon and sugar.
- Line a baking sheet with the apples flat on the pan. Be sure they aren’t overlapping.
- Bake 2-3 hours until the chips are dry yet still soft.
TUNA SALAD NORI WRAPS
Recipe and photo from Plating Pixels
1 5-oz. can tuna, drained
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. canned coconut milk
½ tsp. lemon juice
½ tsp. cumin
¼ tsp. salt
4-6 nori seaweed sheets
2 carrots thinly sliced
1 cucumber thinly sliced
1 avocado sliced
- In a bowl, mix tuna, olive oil, coconut milk, lemon juice, cumin and salt.
- Roll mixture and veggies into nori wraps.
BAKED BROCCOLI TOTS
Recipe and photo from Gimme Delicious Food
2 cups uncooked or frozen broccoli
1 large egg
¼ cup diced yellow onion
⅓ cup cheddar cheese
⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
⅓ cup italian breadcrumbs
2 tbsp. parsley
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water for 1 min. then remove and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Chop broccoli finely and mix with egg, onions, cheddar, breadcrumbs and seasoning. Scoop about 1.5 tbsp. of mix and gently press between your hands into a firm ball then shape into a tater-tot shape and place on nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for about 18-24 minutes, turning halfway.
Join Talking With Tina
Looking to launch, grow, or lead a business?
Sign up for my free, monthly newsletter!